Become a qualified mechatronics maintenance technician, building your knowledge of systems and processes alongside practical skills that are in demand within the industry.
You’ll be responsible for ensuring that plant and equipment perform to the required standard to facilitate production targets regarding safety, quality, delivery and cost within high-value manufacturing environments.
Key learning outcomes:
- Understanding mathematical techniques, formulae and calculations
- Knowledge of mechanical, electrical, electronic, fluid power and process control principles
- Understanding how equipment being maintained functions and operating parameters
- Understanding fault diagnostic methods, techniques and equipment used
- Interpreting relevant data and documentation used to maintain components, equipment and systems
- Able to carry out condition monitoring and planned maintenance of plant and equipment
- Able to carry out complex fault diagnosis and repair activities on high technology engineered systems
- Identifying possible opportunities for improving working practices, processes and/or procedures
- Compliance with health and safety procedures and guidance
- Personal responsibility, resilience and ethics
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
Qualifications and certification:
Mandatory qualifications for this programme are:
- Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing & Engineering
- Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing & Engineering
- Level 2 Functional Skills: Maths and English (if not already held)
On completion you will be eligible to apply for professional registration as an Engineering Technician (EngTech), e.g. with the Institute of Mechanical Engineers, which will support your career development.